March 20th , 2020
On March 6th, the first COVID-19 patient in Kentucky was announced as being treated at the University of Kentucky and since then multiple additional cases have been identified.
We have added some heightened infection-control measures to our process. Recommendations below are adopted from those of the CDC, with an emphasis on social distancing and hand washing.
2nd Chance Clinic is requiring all patients to bring a mask to every appointment. Information provided by the CDC can help you to determine what types of face coverings are effective. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html for more information.
All instructions are subject to change as we acquire new information.
Patients with a positive screening result (you will be treated properly regardless of screen):
- Patients and visitors should be asked to wait in their vehicle for further instruction.
- Cases must be evaluated by individual physician.
Patients with a negative screening result:
- Check-in and provide UDS per routine policy.
- Wait in vehicle until called see your provider/counselor.
- Patients without phones may stay in waiting room, but need to keep safe distance from others.
- Remember: Use soap and water to wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
We will respond as needed as the situation changes.
2nd Chance Leadership